Participants will be able to:
- Use and explain selected core concepts of macro-level conflict analysis.
- Understand the nature of participation, and the role of the facilitator in a participatory analysis process.
- Identify and begin to implement key facilitation skills including: visual thinking, post & cluster, matrices and diagrams, decision-making, asking good questions, dealing with disruptions, encouraging personal reflection and nurturing positive group dynamics.
- Discern key success factors and risk mitigation strategies associated with each phase of the participatory process: preparation, hands-on analysis, and follow-up.
- Practice participatory facilitation skills in a simulated workshop setting, using ‘Making Sense of Turbulent Contexts’ (MSTC) tools.